The Planning Division is piloting an electronic planning application submittal process while configuring a new public web-portal that accommodates new submittals electronically. It is called an Application Request (AR), which allows for an electronic submittal through the public portal. It is a voluntary process that can be skipped if the applicant desires to submit an application in person instead. DPD Staff encourages applicants to use this process, while the staff continues to work remotely. If you are interested in submitting a new Planning application under this process, Please make a virtual public counter appointment (instructions below) and speak with a planner. The Planner will walk you through the pilot program process. Or please call 1-408-299-5700 and choose option 2 (Planning) to speak with a planner to schedule a time to submit a planning application in person at the DPD offices instead.
Applicants may use the online permit center to check the status of projects, submit digital documents, and make payments. Applicants must register for an account and contact the Permit Center ([email protected] or call 408-299-5700) to have the user account linked as a contact to the application before access to services noted above can be activated.
- Santa Clara County InSite Portal
- Santa Clara County InSite Public Portal User Manual
- How to make an online payment on InSite Public Portal
- How to schedule an Inspection Appointment on InSite Public Portal
- How to submit documents electronically
- Feature: How to add frequent projects to a Collection for quicker searching and reference
- Digital Submittal Requirements, Including Naming Conventions
- How to download documents from the InSite Public Portal