Grading or Drainage Permit Modification

After your project has received Grading or Drainage Permit from the Land Development Engineering Office, and field conditions differ from those shown on the approved plan, or you want to revise the plan to include or exclude other features, you are required to apply for and receive a Permit Modification. If you do not have Grading or Drainage Permit for your project, please apply to the Development Services Office for Grading or Drainage Permit.

What is needed to make an application for a Permit Modification? Copies of the following items are required to be submitted digitally by bringing PDF copies to the Permit Center on a USB thumb drive.

  • Revised Grading / Improvement Plans, sized 24”x36”, and prepared by a California Licensed Civil Engineer. The County’s Standard Cover Sheet should be used in the plan preparation, with PDF and DWG formatted templates linked. Erosion Control Plans, including 24”x36” copies of the Erosion Control Template EC-1 and Erosion Control Template EC-2, shall be included in the plan set.
  • Revised Engineers Estimate of Probable Construction Cost prepared by a California Licensed Civil Engineer.
  • Revised Drainage Calculations prepared by a Licensed Civil Engineer.
  • Signed Copy of the revised Disturbed Area Calculation for sites draining to San Francisco Bay or LID Worksheet for sites draining to Monterey Bay.
  • Minimum Plan Check Fee of $332. If Staff hours exceed the minimum fees collected, additional funds will be required at the time of permit issuance.


©2024 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.