The County is proposing amendments to the Zoning Ordinance and General Plan regarding a new overlay zone for the unincorporated area known as Coyote Valley, between the Cities of San José and Morgan Hill. The County’s proposed amendments are intended to coincide with changes proposed by the City of San José to amend its own Zoning and General Plan designations in Coyote Valley.
The County’s new overlay zone in Coyote Valley would limit the development of certain uses and introduce new voluntary financial incentives aimed at protecting the unique combination of natural characteristics of Coyote Valley.
Related upcoming meetings:
NOTE: The Planning Commission meeting on October 28, 2021, has been cancelled and this item will be heard at the next Planning Commission meeting, which is November 18, 2021.
- November 18, 2021, Planning Commission @ 1:30 pm
- Details will be accessible at the above link once available.
- A preliminary draft of proposed amendments to the Zoning Ordinance. Please note that this draft is for review only and subject to change.
- A preliminary draft of proposed amendments to the General Plan. Please note that this draft is for review only and subject to change.
- Outreach Presentation Slides
- December 15, 2020 Board Referral
- February 9, 2021 Staff Report
- February 9, 2021 Staff Presentation
- June 8, 2021 Staff Report
- June 8, 2021 Staff Presentation
- August 12, 2021 Staff Report
- August 12, 2021 Staff Presentation
- August 26, 2021 Staff Report
- August 26, 2021 Staff Presentation
Staff has conducted virtual outreach meetings to present an overview of the County’s proposed direction and to solicit feedback from members of the public.
GENERAL PUBLIC MEETING
Monday, July 26, 2021
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
AGRICULTURAL STAKEHOLDER MEETING
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
CHINESE LANGUAGE STAKEHOLDER MEETING
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Community Center, County of Santa Clara Animal Services Building
12425 Monterey Road, San Martin, CA 95046
If you require disability accommodation and/or language assistance for the public meetings, please reach out to Michael Meehan at [email protected] 72 hours prior to the meeting so staff can make the appropriate arrangements.