The Department of Planning and Development (“Department”) is proposing text amendments to the County of Santa Clara General Plan and the County of Santa Clara Ordinance Code, Appendix I (Zoning), and abolishment of the Recreational Vehicle (RV) Park Development Design Guidelines, regarding policies and regulations for establishment of RV Parks within unincorporated Santa Clara County. Primarily, these amendments would:
- Simplify length-of-stay restrictions for RV parks, and add a waiver process which would allow for both residential and/or recreational purposes; and
- Amend the provisions to only allow RV Parks in rural zoning districts designated for higher intensity commercial uses (Roadside Services land-use designation).
These amendments were approved at the May 25, 2021 Board of Supervisors hearing.
Please Note: The Thousand Trails use permit expansion request is File No. PLN21-032 and is not part of this RV Park Ordinance Amendment. For project related comments/concerns regarding the Thousand Trails application please contact the planner, Carl Hilbrants.
The draft General Plan and Zoning Ordinance amendments are linked below for public review.
- Board of Supervisors Meeting on May 25, 2021 (Page 275)
- Stakeholder Public Outreach Meeting April 15, 2021
- Virtual Q&A Meeting March 22, 2021
- Public Outreach Meetings - Two public outreach meetings were held on February 25, 2020 and March 4, 2020
- Planning Commission Meeting, November 21, 2019 Staff Report and Presentation