Recreational Vehicle (RV) Park General Plan and Zoning Amendments
The Department of Planning and Development (“Department”) is proposing text amendments to the County of Santa Clara General Plan and the County of Santa Clara Ordinance Code, Appendix I (Zoning), and abolishment of the Recreational Vehicle (RV) Park Development Design Guidelines, regarding policies and regulations for establishment of RV Parks within unincorporated Santa Clara County. Primarily, these amendments would:
- Simplify length-of-stay restrictions for RV parks, and add a waiver process which would allow for both residential and/or recreational purposes; and
- Amend the provisions to only allow RV Parks in rural zoning districts designated for higher intensity commercial uses (Roadside Services land-use designation).
These amendments were approved at the May 25, 2021 Board of Supervisors hearing.
Please Note: The Thousand Trails use permit expansion request is File No. PLN21-032 and is not part of this RV Park Ordinance Amendment. For project related comments/concerns regarding the Thousand Trails application please contact the planner, Carl Hilbrants.
The draft General Plan and Zoning Ordinance amendments are linked below for public review.
- Board of Supervisors Meeting on May 25, 2021 (Page 275)
- Stakeholder Public Outreach Meeting April 15, 2021
- Virtual Q&A Meeting March 22, 2021
- Public Outreach Meetings - Two public outreach meetings were held on February 25, 2020 and March 4, 2020
- Planning Commission Meeting, November 21, 2019 Staff Report and Presentation