The County is conducting Zoning Ordinance amendments across rural base zoning districts (Exclusive Agriculture, Agricultural Ranchlands, Hillsides, and Rural Residential).
The update consists of three main components:
- Simplifying and streamlining the permit process for agriculture supportive uses;
- Aligning development in agricultural areas with County policies; and
- Replacing “local-serving” provisions with objective development standards.
These amendments are intended to:
- Further the County’s policy goals for continued agricultural viability;
- Keep the rural areas rural by limiting non-compatible uses; and
- Remove “local-serving” provisions that are difficult to understand and implement.
The County of Santa Clara will be preparing a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Rural Zoning Ordinance Amendments Project.
A meeting to receive comments on the NOP is scheduled April 14th at 6pm via Zoom
Your comments regarding the project are welcome on or before April 27th. Written comments on the NOP should be addressed to Michael Meehan at (408) 299-5775.
Materials related to the proposed Rural Zoning Update:
Agricultural Stakeholder Meeting
July 27, 2021 Meeting Recording
Combined Presentation Slides for Rural Zoning Updates and Coyote Valley
Chinese Language Stakeholder Meeting
August 11, 2021