Stanford University occupies 8,180 acres of land, with approximately 50% of that land being under the jurisdiction of Santa Clara County. The 2000 Stanford University Community Plan and 2000 General Use Permit are the governing documents that guide land-use and development within the unincorporated lands of Stanford University.
Stanford Community Plan Update
The County of Santa Clara is updating the Stanford University Community Plan. Visit the project website to sign up for updates, learn more about the project, view meetings and submit your comments.
The draft updated Stanford University Community Plan and the related Environmental Impact Report (EIR) is in the final stages of review. The County will provide an opportunity for the public to receive information and provide verbal comments as part of scheduled meetings before the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors, during which the project and the EIR’s findings will be presented to policymakers and the public. These public meetings will be held at the following time and place.
- County Planning Commission, September 28, 2023, starting at 6:00pm. The intent of this meeting is for the Planning Commission to forward their recommendation to the Board of Supervisors. This meeting will be held at the Board of Supervisors' Chambers, County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, 1st Floor, San José, CA 95110. This meeting will be hybrid and can be attended virtually or in person. A link to join the meeting virtually will be published in the agenda, which will be made available in advance of the meeting at this web address: https://sccgov.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=15317
- County Board of Supervisors, October 17, 2023, starting at 9:30am. The intent of this hearing is for the Board of Supervisors to adopt the updated Stanford University Community Plan. This meeting will be held at the Board of Supervisors' Chambers, County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, 1st Floor, San José, CA 95110. This meeting will be hybrid and can be attended virtually or in person. A link to join the meeting virtually will be published in the agenda, which will be made available in advance of the meeting at this web address: http://sccgov.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=14906
Annual and traffic reports
A group created to promote ongoing exchange of information between the County and the local community regarding development activity at Stanford.
Owing to the concentration of historic homes and the feedback received from residents of the Residential District, there is a need for the County to assess the Residential District for Historic Resources.
Links to significant planning and environmental documents
Notice of Violation - January 2020 for 631 Cabrillo Ave
The 2016 application has been withdrawn.
Links to Stanford and related sites
- For project-specific questions, go to the Stanford Construction Projects site.
- To register a noise complaint, call the Stanford Noise Hotline at (650) 724-4900
- To review a project file, visit the County Planning Office.
- For policy questions, contact Charu Ahluwalia.