Online permit center
We are accepting applications for Development Permits (Building and Grading). Learn how to make digital submittals.
Requesting Building Inspections During The Covid-19 Shelter in Place Order
Schedule an Inspection
For Building Department inquiries and questions, call (408) 299-5700
The DPD will provide construction and building inspections services in compliance with the Public Health Orders.
In addition to implementing the protocols above you must complete the Covid-19 infrastructure COVID-19 Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers form and have it completed and available when your inspector arrives. The inspector will review the document for completeness and add it to your permit record.
The Office of Building Inspection ensures that buildings are compliant with current code in order to maintain a safe community standard. This is accomplished with professional plan checking, building inspection and investigation of substandard structures.
- Search for a Building Permit
- Affidavit for Smoke and CO Alarm Installation
- Building Setback Certification Form
- General Building Permit Information and Requirements
- Green Building
- Habitat Plan Application Checklist and Habitat Plan Coverage Screening Form
- Demolition Permit
- Residential Generator Application Guidelines
- Solar and Renewable Energy Permits and Information
- Required Inspections for a Single Residence
- Over-The-Counter Plan Check (suspended due to Covid-19 Pandemic)
- Owner-Builder Notice
- Fee Information
- Plan Check Extension Request form
- Building Permit Extension Request form
- Guidance for Construction Valuation for Building Permits
- Application form for Alternative Materials, Designs, or Methods
- Special Inspection and Testing Schedule (short form)
- Statement of Special Inspection (Long Form)
- Elevation Certificate Update! 2015 EC Form is now available on FEMA's website. Please read the following carefully:
1. The form is not a fillable PDF version, but one that CAN be downloaded and used.
2. FEMA has not released a date for when the new form MUST be used by.
3. To be perfectly clear, for CRS purposes, you may use EITHER the old or the new form until we hear otherwise from FEMA.
For Plan Check Information:
Principal Development Services Engineer
Stanford / Los Altos / Los Gatos
Senior Plan Check Engineer